Active School Flag
Lurgybrack National School has achieved its first Active School Flag and we are currently working towards our second.
The Active School Flag was launched by the Department of Education and Science in 2009.
It is a non-competitive initiative which seeks to recognise schools that strive to achieve a physically active and physically educated school community.
As an Active School we aim to:
- Provide all pupils with appropriate PE provision, teach a broad and balanced P.E curriculum and ensure the school PE policy is both comprehensive and up to date.
- Celebrate physical activity skills and achievements by students on our ASF board.
- Promote physical activity during break times – class leagues, Play Leaders etc.
- Involve students (ASF Committee) in the process and liaise with parents and the local community.
- Seek assistance from the community and outside agencies such as the local sports partnerships and National bodies.
As part of the Active Flag, we want everybody to be as active as possible!
This is a great website with ideas and local activities that you can join in with. Make sure to keep checking: http://www.getirelandactive.ie/
Other useful websites: http://www.activeschoolflag.ie/