I hope you and our pupils are safe and well at this time. I am writing to inform you that we will shortly be rolling out ‘Aladdin Schools Connect’ to parents/guardians of children in our school.
We currently use the Aladdin Schools software service https://www.aladdin.ie/ for administrative purposes within our school. Aladdin Connect will give you secure access to messages from the school and to details of your child’s attendance, test results, reports cards, homework etc. via secure login from your internet browser or the Aladdin Connect App.
Aladdin Schools uses state-of-the-art security to safeguard information entered by schools and that data is stored and processed in strict compliance with Irish and European data protection laws. The use of Aladdin within schools is approved by the Department of Education.
Aladdin Connect is the way in which we plan to continue communication with homes in the coming weeks, if this is required. As of now, all schools have been told they will be closed until April 20th. Unfortunately, a longer closure cannot be ruled out. Aladdin Connect will allow communication between teachers and homes if this proves to be the case. There are many benefits to Aladdin Connect, which we will be able to avail of when school returns to normal. These include:
• Updating contact info quickly
• Returning permission forms online
• Organising parent teacher meetings
• Tracking attendance and punctuality
• Sending newsletters home digitally
• Tracking of borrowing from school library
• Sharing homework
• Securely sharing end of year school reports and Standardised test scores
• Reducing the number of texts which need to be sent home, thus reducing costs
Given the circumstances in which we presently find ourselves, the most important aspect of the Connect app for us now will be for sharing work with pupils.
How to Register for Aladdin Connect:
1. Link from School: You will receive a TEXT from school on Monday 30th March. In this message there will be a link unique to you. Tap on the link to begin.
2. Connect App Registration: This link will direct you to the Connect registration page. You will be required to enter information such as your child’s first name and date of birth along with your own name.
3. Account Set-up: The next step is to set up your log in details. To create your account, you will be asked to enter an email and password that will act as your log in. Make sure to select an email you have access to and a password that you will remember.
4. Account Created: Once you have created your account, your next step will be to download the Connect app. Click the continue button to be directed to download the app.
5. Download Connect App: You can find the Connect App on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. It is free to install.
6. Sign into Connect App: Once you have installed the Connect App the last step is to log in. Use the details set up in Step 3 to log in. Once you have signed in, you will be asked to enter your mobile number for validation.
Please note: If there are any personal concerns, or legal provisions in place regarding giving access to Connect to any parent/guardian of your child, please contact the school to discuss this in confidence. This can be done by phoning the school between 10 am and 2pm on Monday 30th and Tuesday 31st March.
Please feel free to email email@example.com if you have any queries or call the school on Monday or Tuesday next at the times listed above. Stay safe and well.